There are so many awesome uses for these oh so delicious Walnuts. Use them as a salad topper, on top of your favourite cake as a garnish, add them to your porridge in the morning or just have them as they are as a snack! Maple syrup only contains 40% fructose so for those sensitive to fructose or looking at cutting down on it this recipe is a great way to start! If you can't have fructose at all rice malt syrup is fructose free and can be used in place of the maple syrup.
1/2 cup of organic Maple syrup
15 grams of Nuttalex
1 pinch of Himalayan sea salt
1 tbsp ground Alba Cinnamon
2 cups of freshly cracked walnuts
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat your over to 160 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a pot or pan heat the Maple, nuttelex, vanilla and salt at a medium heat until the syrup becomes bubbly and foamy. This will only take 1-3 minutes.
3. Add the cracked walnuts and stir for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
4. Pour the maple walnut mix onto the baking tray and place in the over. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the walnuts for the oven and stir with a spoon so that all of the extra maple on the tray in mixed into the walnuts.
6. Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with alba cinnamon, this will add a citrusy and floral dimension to the walnuts and stop them from being so sticky!
8. These bad boys will last for 3-5 weeks in an air tight container in the cupboard.