We have tried heaps of different recipes for sample days at health food stores. These little energy balls are by far the most popular samples to date. We can't keep up with the demand and everyone is always asking us how they can make them at home for themselves. Well here is the recipe, it's super easy and everything you need you can buy in one go at your local health food store! Xx
200 g Organic Activated Almonds
200 g Organic Medjool Date (soaked)
4 tbsp Loving earth Raw Cacao Powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tsp Alba Cinnamon
1 tbsp Organic Vanilla bean paste
100 g raw Coconut oil
100 g organic Pistachios
zest of 1 Lime
1. Soak the Almonds with 1 tsp of sea salt in filtered water over night or for at least 6 hours.
2. Soak the Medool dates in warm water for 10 minutes so they soften up and blend easier.
3. Rinse the Almonds well and strain.
4. In a food processor (we use a thermomix) blend the almonds until they are finely chopped.
5. Strain the dates.
6. Add in the Cacao, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and dates in to the food processor with the almonds and blend for 1-2 mins. You will need to scrape down the sides every 10-30 seconds.
7. Melt the coconut oil and add to the blender and blend together for another minute.
8. Scrape the mix into a bowl and cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
9. Toast the pistachios in a hot pan until they start to brown (keep and eye on them so they don't burn)
10. Zest the lime with a fine microplane and place in a food processor with the toasted pistachios. Blend until they resemble a fine crumb.
11. Roll the mix into 10-15 g balls.
12. Roll the balls in the pistachio mix and then cool in the fridge for 1 hour.